If you have been told you have periodontal (gum) disease, you’re not alone. Many adults in the India currently have some form of the disease. Periodontal diseases range from simple gum inflammation to serious disease that results in major damage to the soft tissue and bone that support the teeth. In the worst cases, teeth are lost.
Whether your gum disease is stopped, slowed, or gets worse depends a great deal on how well you care for your teeth and gums every day, from this point forward.
TREATMENT MODALITIES FOR GUM DISEASE –
1. Non surgical gum therapy –
- Scaling & root planing
- Gum massage
- Tooth polishing
- Local drug delivery if required.
2. Surgical gum therapy – It involves removal of diseased parts of the gums/bone surgically.
How can I keep my teeth and gums healthy?
- Brush your teeth twice a day (with a fluoride toothpaste).
- Floss regularly to remove plaque from between teeth. Or use a device such as a special brush recommended by our dentist.
- Visit the dentist routinely for a check-up and professional cleaning once every 6 months.
- Don’t smoke
For details fill the form.